- Southern Utah Veterans Home hosts dedication of Freedom Eagle Monument Once dedicated, the monument will be a symbol of the freedom that all Americans enjoy and a beacon of pride for the residents of Southern Utah Veterans Home who have fought and sacrificed greatly to protect it.
- Book Review: 'Switch: How to Change When Change is Hard' by Chip Heath and Dan Heath As a piece on improving and changing, “Switch” stands up there with the best work of Zig Ziglar, who truly set the standard in this field.
- Exploring Southern Utah: Grafton Ghost Town offers exploration of time and place The path winds up a crumbling slope to give superlative views of the Grafton area, the Virgin River, the towering walls of Mt. Kinesava in Zion, Smithsonian Butte, Eagle Crags, and Canaan Mountain.
Weekend Events Guide "Get some culture"
Events and culture from your events and culture source, The Independent. From the Kayenta Street Painting Festival to the Southern Utah Culinary Arts Festival and beyond, find all you weekend events in The Independent's Event Calendar, includes Mesquite, Nevada Events.
- Weekly Events Guide and weather forecast Concerts, hikes, yoga, farmers markets, mini golf date night, karaoke and more. You'll find your kind of fun in The Independent's Weekly Events Guide!
- Deal of the Day: $20 off your first cleaning at Lily Maid Residential & Commercial Cleaning Service
- The Back Page Advertise in "The Back Page" of The Independent. Support the Saint George Utah news, events and culture source you can trust.
- SUNDAY EDITION: Red Hills Desert Garden opens, Walking the DSU plank cartoon, exploring Owen's Loop Also: Varlo Davenport Case, Dixie Gardening, Worship Guide, Clay Jones Cartoon, What Women Want Consumer Show