PHOTO GALLERY: Utah’s Own hosts small business summitUtah’s Own is on a statewide tour helping promote their free outreach extensions and other resources for businesses who have a distinctly Utah product or idea but need the advice and the direction to make it a reality.
- NEW POLL: How did the recent flooding in Southern Utah/Nevada affect you?
- Got an event coming up? Let us help spread the word!
- I-15 closure aftermath; the damage, the costs, and the kindness
- The Breakdown: Controversy as St. George taps former code enforcement officer as new judge
- Get paid to write for The Independent | SUindependent.com!
- Big Brothers Big Sisters enrolling volunteers, children in Washington County
- AG candidate Charles Stormont addresses ethics at Democrats of Southern Utah meeting
Escalante Canyons Art Festival joins 50th anniversary celebration of Wilderness ActArtists spread throughout the lonely canyons and perch on high vistas of the Escalante desert landscape to begin painting a week prior to the art exhibit.
- Exciting new exhibitions at SUU's College of Performing and Visual Arts
- Observe the Fall Equinox sunset at Parowan Gap on Saturday
- Album review: 'Tied to a Star' another strong solo release from J Mascis
Bursting to share your opinion? We want to hear from you!
Do you have a burning opinion about something going on locally and wish you could vent your thoughts?
- Letter to the Editor: Shouldn't our children be protected from strangers spreading religious propaganda?
- OPINION: Closed council sessions (intentionally?) keep citizens in the dark
- ANNOUNCEMENT: The Independent welcomes cartoonist Clay Jones
Healthy Recipe of the Week: Creamy potato saladA healthy recipe from April Ashcroft, co-founder of the Vegetarian Society of Utah.
- It Starts With the Heart by Ms. Victoria: Manners matter because rudeness splatters
- INDEPENDENT EXCLUSIVE: Original September Horoscopes
- Peace on Paper: Recharge…
Local Restaurant Guide: St. George, Springdale, Mesquite and more!Your guide to great eats in St. George, Springdale, Brian Head, Cedar City, Mesquite, and more!
- WEEKLY EVENTS GUIDE: Things to do in Southern Utah
- GOLF GUIDE: Directory, maps of Southern Utah courses
- CONCERT GUIDE: September/October 2014 shows in Las Vegas and Salt Lake City
Ad: Check out the 2015 Rockwood Hard Side at Vacation World!R.V.'s, Campers, Trailers, Toy Haulers, 5th Wheels
- Deal of the Day: A dozen roses for only $14.99 at Desert Rose Floral!
- Deal of the Day: Half off any item at Gen X
- Deal of the Day: Healing Mountain Massage School offers treatments for $20
The Independent September 2014 PDFOn the cover: Escalante Canyons Art Festival! Also, Brian Head Resort hosts inaugural R'Oktoberfest, Art in Kayenta, and the Zion Canyon Music Festival returns!
- The Independent August 2014 Print Edition PDF
- The Independent July 2014 PDF
- The Independent June 2014 PDF