Voters take to the polls on the first day of early votingMany people took to the polls to vote today, the first day of early voting for Washington County and folks all over the state of Utah.
- Partial solar eclipse visible on Thursday
- The Breakdown: Potentially illegal city council meetings preceded Electric Theater decision
- Dixie State University celebrates presidential inauguration on Thursday
United Way Dixie and Cherry Creek Radio host Ball Drop for Charity prize giveawayThe date has been set for Friday, Oct. 24, in celebration with the new SwitchPoint CommunityResource Center’s grand opening.
- Book review: 'Killing Jesus' discusses (and maybe reveals) historical details of the Crucifixion
- Local organizations team up for Spooky Town Fair
- Cedar City honors Old West legacy with Livestock and Heritage Festival
Bursting to share your opinion? We want to hear from you!
Do you have a burning opinion about something going on locally and wish you could vent your thoughts?
- NEW BONEMAN: A pitiful mind
- CARTOON: 'Sarge ain't skipping his intel briefings' by Stephen Bowers
- CARTOON: 'Tolerance on the bricks' by Clay Jones
WELLNESS: How to age gracefully; journey of a leafWhat really matters is what lies underneath. What do we have when all our leaves fall off and we become exposed?
- Your Friendly Neighborhood Therapist: What a disappearing star taught me about finding joy
- WELLNESS: Loving yourself creates a joyful life
- Healthy Recipe of the Week: Butternut and White Bean Stew
Ad: News at your fingertips with the KUER Mobile AppKUER 90.1 Mobile includes News Headlines, On-Demand Audio, Member Benefits, Live Streaming and an Alarm Clock.
- Deal of the Day: $20 off your first cleaning with Lily Maid
- Deal of the Day: Massages for only $20 at Healing Mountain
- Ad: Come see what's new at Desert Rose Floral
The Independent October 2014 PDFOn the cover: Huntsman World Senior Games. Also, "American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips performs in St. George, Zion RockToberfest returns to Springdale, and Bunco hits Mesquite's Casablanca!
- The Independent September 2014 PDF
- The Independent August 2014 Print Edition PDF
- The Independent July 2014 PDF