Bryce Canyon City installs first stoplight in Garfield CountyUtah’s expansive Garfield County now has its very first traffic signal thanks to a $1 million renovation of Main Street in Bryce Canyon City.
- Mall Drive Bridge slated to open after Tuesday morning ceremony
- Strut Your Mutt raises $46,000 and counting for shelter animals
- BREAKING NEWS: Hiker dies at Zion National Park after hours trapped by flash flood
DSU Celebrity Concert Series kicks off with Utah Symphony OrchestraSince 1958, the DSU Celebrity Concert Series has offered premiere performance arts to St. George and surrounding communities.
- Movie review: 'The Boxtrolls,' an edgy animated fantasy that thinks outside the box
- SUU adapts Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' in pioneer Utah
- Guerilla Filmmaking Challenge returns; make a short film for Horror-Fest and charity
Exploring Southern Utah: The VortexThe Vortex is conveniently positioned with a backdrop of the Camelback that really puts the sheer scale of the pothole into perspective. It is possible to climb to the bottom if people are careful about where they choose to climb down.
- Ask the Dietician: Be aware of diabetes before it's too late
- Healthy Recipe of the Week: Quinoa Salad with Currants and Pistachios
- Dr. G Hits the Spot: Sex, why don’t I like it?
Deal of the Day: 20 percent off Halloween costumes/accessories at The WizzHalloween Costumes & Accessories, Costume Rentals
- Deal of the Day: Sunset Framer offers 20 percent off through October
- Deal of the Day: $6 off any full-service oil change at Speed Lube
- Deal of the Day: Exterior/interior service for $25 from Sentry Pest Control
The Independent September 2014 PDFOn the cover: Escalante Canyons Art Festival! Also, Brian Head Resort hosts inaugural R'Oktoberfest, Art in Kayenta, and the Zion Canyon Music Festival returns!
- The Independent August 2014 Print Edition PDF
- The Independent July 2014 PDF
- The Independent June 2014 PDF