Jon Stanard, Shirley Nelson, square off in Utah House District 62 raceAs Election Day looms less than a week away, candidates for the Utah State House of Representatives District 62—encompassing Washington City and portions of St. George to the east and south of I-15—are making final pushes to get their message out to the voters.
- Ipson, Hawker, Judd vie for Utah House District 75
- Let’s get ready to Bunco at CasaBlanca!
- Dorothy Engelman challenges Lowry Snow in District 74
Habitat for Humanity hosts fundraising masquerade ballAttendees are invited to choose how formally they wish to dress, but are especially encouraged to wear a masquerade mask.
- Album review: Buffett's 'A1A' still strong and relevant after 40 years
- Brown Bag Lecture features stories, photos from Vermilion Cliffs National Monument
- Tour Moab by rope!
OPINION: From Relief Society to Relieved Society; when community is not inclusiveBut after leaving the church, I now know what the other side feels like.
- OPINION: Women and dancers beware
- OPINION: Playing Russian roulette with moral values
- Bursting to share your opinion? We want to hear from you!
Healthy Recipe of the Week: Spicy Pumpkin SoupA healthy recipe from April Ashcroft, co-founder of the Vegetarian Society of Utah.
- Dixie Gardening: Saving seeds can yield exciting results
- Dr. G Hits the Spot: Goooooooooooooo cougars!
- Ask the Dietician: Avoid a scary sugar overload this Halloween
Deal of the Day: 15 percent off at Atkin DraperiesCustom Window Treatments, Shutters, Wood Blinds, Cellular Shades, Blind Repairs, Romans, Bed Ensembles, Pillows, Draperies, Upholstery and R.V. Blind Repair
- Deal of the Day: $6 off any full-service oil change at Speed Lube
- Deal of the Day: $20 off at Red Rock Window Tinting
- Ad: Visit the Vegetarian Society of Utah's monthly presentations and potlucks
The Independent October 2014 PDFOn the cover: Huntsman World Senior Games. Also, "American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips performs in St. George, Zion RockToberfest returns to Springdale, and Bunco hits Mesquite's Casablanca!
- The Independent September 2014 PDF
- The Independent August 2014 Print Edition PDF
- The Independent July 2014 PDF